Old August 25th 17, 07:48 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Michael Moroney

Default Sgr* isn't even a "black hole", much less a PRECISELY known singularity.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn writes:

Michael Moroney amok-crossposted to 3 newsgroups, *despite* F’up2 being
already set:

So why did you crosspost to 3 newsgroups, if you feel it's so wrong?

The "45AU" size is the maximum radius of whatever "it" is, if it was any
larger, Star S14 would collide with it.

No, if the "central" body’s radius would be _that size or larger_, the
"orbiting" S14 would collide with it, assuming that the description that S14
comes as close to that body’s *center of mass* as 45 AU is correct.

Which is what I said.

So "it" must be smaller than 45 AU radius.

That much is true. And I have just *calculated* how small or large "it"
*really* must be if it is a black hole, given this mass: about 0.08 AU,
which is *much* smaller than 45 AU. (Can you not read?)

Yes. Can you?

Since we know of no physics that allows for an object of 45 AU radius
and a mass of 4.1M sun, other than a black hole or something rapidly
collapsing into a black hole, this is excellent evidence of a black hole
there.

Not even wrong. Rather, *any* object can have a radius of *45 AU* and a
total mass of about 4.1 million solar masses. (Homework assignment: Look up
statistics of celestial objects to find at least one such object.)

Wrong. If it had both characteristics, no known physics allows such a thing
to exist, except temporarily as it collapses into a black hole.

OK, a black hole plus a bunch of stuff orbiting it (out to a radius of 45 AU)
could exist, but since my point was this was excellent evidence of a black
hole, this is foolish quibbling.

However, sadly, you have no clue what you are talking about.

As if you did.