Old July 18th 18, 12:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

Default Professor from second-rate university thinks he's going to time travel

On Wednesday, 18 July 2018 09:36:47 UTC+2, 1313½ wrote:
certain latitudes.

I suffer time dilation every time I read one of your nonsense posts.
Time seems to stretch to infinity. No doubt the same could be said for many of my own [posts.] So, does double time dilation double for an observer reading a long and tedious post quoting another long and tedious post?

I have always wondered about the foreshortening effect when using a telescope. If the distant mountains suddenly appear in the same perspective as a nearby object or person.. Doesn't the same hold true for images of deep space? The further way they are, in reality, the nearer they should appear in an image. The far reaches of the universe should appear much nearer depending on the image scale.

With you being the group's resident mathematician, cosmologist and all-round expert on astronomical telescopes. You would seem the ideal candidate to discuss this interesting phenomenon.