Old February 3rd 08, 03:49 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

Default The continued use of SRBs for Manned...

On Feb 2, 4:34 am, Craig Fink wrote:
... spaceflight by the US program has more to do with our militaristic
tendance than using tried and true, or even good technology. Without a
large consumer of solid rocket propellent, the plant producing it would
shut down. Extending the time to reproduce the production facilities, and a
whole category of weapons that depend on large supply of propellent.

The US should just build the most modern propellent plant we can, then
mothball it. So that NASA and our space program can move on to better
things than preparing for War.

Personally, I think it's time to get NASA out of the Launch/Landing business
and back into developing new technologies. The ones that haven't been tried
and aren't true yet. Building a mothballed propellent plant would satisfy
the demands of the military to "feel" secure, and free NASA from this
requirement.

Just my opinion.
--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

In that case, we'll need to get those Semitic Third Reich wizards of
rocket science back in full action, because otherwise we're screwed.
Of course, China's CATS is becoming about as good as it gets, so why
not use their services of reliably and most affordably getting our
stuff up and running.
- Brad Guth