Old September 21st 16, 11:03 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SRB Separation

In article om,
says...

On 2016-08-13 15:40, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

Yeah, that really was the point of the SRBs, get the thing up and out of as
much of the atmosphere as possible. Once you've done that, then you can take
your time getting to speed.

At what point during the SRB's 2 minutes of fame would Shuttle+ET become
light enough that SSMEs could accelerate them without SRBs ?

Was that point near the end fo the 2 minutes, halfway thorugh the SRB
life or not long after liftoff ?

At the time the SRBs are jettisoned, what is the G force profile ? Does
it suddently drop and then gradually increases back to 3 G until engines
start to throttle to keep it at 3G ?

Or do engines throttle down towards end of SRB period to keep G forces
in checlk, and when SRBs are jettisoned, egines throttle up again ?

Google broken? You might want to try again today.

Jeff