Old December 13th 04, 03:48 PM
Robert

Default "Ahad radius" - does it change with direction of travel ?

(Apologies if this thread goes diverted, this google retriveable
errors driving me up the wall.)

Ian Beardsley wrote on my glowing phosphorescence screen:

Wouldn't such a radius depend on the direction you go, like towards

the
center of the galaxy would be brighter than going in the opposite
direction, or am I looking at this the wrong way?--Ian

Well no because the Milky Way's centre is so far away from the sun, it
will be negligible in how bright it looks from going _inwards_ toward
it compared to going _outward_ away from it. Besides Ahad's flux
constant is a derivative of the milky way + nearby stars. So the
radius ought to be fixed, I think.

Then suppose saying that, does the sun radiate equally in all
directions? If the sun has more power equatorial;ly, (because it is
_flat_) then Ahad's _vanity sphere_ may actually be no sphere at all,
but a _spereoid_ instead! Who knows...

Rob