Old December 22nd 06, 03:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
D van den H

Default ASTRO: NGC 2244 (Rosette nebula)

Stefan, Nice shot!
dirk

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
I recently used a night with exceptionally good transparency to image the
Rosette nebula. My only previous attempts on this object were done with my
Canon EOS300D DSLR camera and some closeups with small CCD chips that only
got a small part of the nebula.
This time I used a 200mm f/3.5 lens and was quite surprised how bright
this
object is when imaged with a "proper" CCD camera as it was tough with the
DSLR.

I will attach a "normal" version and a link to one where I used "drizzle
processing" in IRIS. The drizzled version shows more detail, but is also
noisier, so I reduced it's size (which was 2x original size) to 75% which
helped a bit. Unfortunately I lost one hour of data when the nebula was in
it's best position.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a 200mm f/3.5 lens, SXV-H9 camera,
AStronomik 13nm Halpha filter, 30x5 minutes.

The images can also be found at
http://www.slilge.de/temp/2244-30x5gut.jpg
http://www.slilge.de/temp/2244-drizzle30x5gut.jpg

Stefan