Old February 23rd 09, 12:33 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
BradGuth

Default The Mosquito as space traveller

On Feb 19, 2:32*am, Jan Panteltje wrote:
Mosquito survives 18 month in outer space on the ISS outside hull:
*http://www.en.rian.ru/analysis/20090218/120203420.html

This has large implications, as now we can see that insects have the ability to travel on a space rock,
or just by themselves using gravity assist, to other planets.

The question now comes up:
Are the aliens already here, are those mosquitos the alien invaders,
sucking our blood, looking for planets with warm blooded lifeforms?

As well as Tardigrades (water bears) suitable for naked space travel.

Too bad these and a few other samples weren't sent to Mars a decade
ago. Kinda makes you wonder why human DNA and our physiology got so
wussy.

~ BG