Old July 27th 07, 05:35 PM posted to sci.space.history,rec.aviation.military
Pat Flannery

Default Advanced versions of the V-2 rocket

Geoffrey Sinclair wrote:
(Huge snip of top-notch research)
The bombing of Rotterdam. The targeting was deliberate, and was meant
to help the German troops fighting in the city. A few days later leaflets
were dropped on Utrecht threatening them with the same fate unless they
surrendered.

One way to see what the Nazis were up to is to look at their own propaganda.
I have a book that reprints a number of articles from their propaganda
magazine "Signal".
This isn't a translation; this is the English language version of the
magazine, so this is in their own words.
In the article "The soldier with the camera - unexampled documents from
the Propaganda Companies" there is a page and a quarter wide spread of
an aerial photograph of bomb devastated Rotterdam.
Under it is this text:
'The spectacle of 'total' war.
After Warsaw, it was Rotterdam that, issuing a challenge, learned how
hopeless it was to resist the German Luftwaffe - and paid for the lesson
by the destruction of the centre of the city.
P.K. Carstensen"
I think that gives a pretty fair idea as to what they were up to, even
at that early stage of the war.
Meanwhile, here in the U.S., we've just hit our own little slave labor
embarrassment:
http://blog.wired.com/defense/2007/0...slave-lab.html

Unlike stalin he didn't kill large number of his own people.

Apparently the millions of Germans killed in the war Hitler started do
not count.

Nor all the German citizens who ended up in the concentration camps.
But of course they weren't _real_ Germans, were they?
They were untermensch.
Just like Stalin knew that those people in the Gulags weren't real Soviets.
They were Trotskyites.

Pat