Old May 30th 07, 04:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Henry Spencer

Default Breaking News! NASA Astronaut Marsha Ivins ****ting Her Diapers!

In article ,
Jonathan wrote:
It's just what we do with the new hardware, George W
shouldn't be allowed to decide. He's just not qualified.

Almost certainly he is blessing -- perhaps reluctantly, given how feeble
his support has been at budget time -- decisions reached by others.

I bet our President hasn't spent more than half a day /in total/
discussing/reading/meeting about the future of NASA.

You are being unrealistic if you expect very much more. Even an alert,
attentive President is a really, really, really, really busy guy, with a
thousand issues vying for his time. NASA scores poorly on almost every
measure of political importance, nowadays; it cannot reasonably expect
much of his attention.