Old May 29th 07, 11:47 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
kT

Default Breaking News! NASA Astronaut Marsha Ivins ****ting Her Diapers!

Jonathan wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

Like I say, nobody wants to get too far into this project before Bush is
replaced?

Most of us would prefer it to die immediately.

Ares I and the VSE will go down as the *WORST* engineering debacle in
modern history, that it was fraudulently perpetrated makes it worse.

Isn't the six crew on the CEV a requirement for moon shots?

No, it's always been a crew of four, with all four going to the surface.

One has to begin wondering some some bible college graduate just made
this **** up, the entire mission from beginning to end is like some kind
of elementary school child's class project. We used to do things like
this all the time back in the post sputnik /Apollo educational era.

If they downsized it to four, would the stick be enough of
a booster then? I haven't been trying to follow the technical
side of this story.

There is no technical side of the story, except as an analytic
description of how major engineering projects can go horribly awry.

What did Marsha Ivins know, and when did she know it?

Really, the whole VSE and ESAS story has now become almost obscene.

And just think, these people will have to live with this damn rocket.

I would hate to have that thing strung around my neck all the time.

Think it through, people, this is what you will be remembered for.

--
Get A Free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator :
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html