Old March 30th 12, 03:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

Default U.S. space tourism set for takeoff by 2014, FAA says

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
"Jonathan" wrote:

What is the aspect which will make this business succeed?
If history is to our guide, the analogy needs to be accurate.

In an effort to once again inject a little reality into Jonathan's
usual insanity, I'll simply point out that Virgin Galactic has already
sold $100,000,000 in tickets.

The new hangar they're building in N Mexico costs $200 million.

And they've sold 430 tickets. With the deposit being 20k each
which translates to advance booking of $8.6 million.
http://www.virgingalactic.com/booking/

territory."
--G. Behn