Old March 27th 09, 04:01 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
[email protected]

Default Suitable computer hardware for astro imaging

Skywise" wrote in message
Oh, and be sure your system is cool. With my quad running full
speed plus the Nvidia card, air flow is VERY VERY important. My
exhaust air temp on my machine has been as high as 95 degrees F.
I've been making mods to my case with ducting designed to bring
fresh air directly to the CPU and GPU fans. Now I'm working on
a DIY air cooling system.

I am not an overclocker, though, otherwise I'd just go liquid
cooling.

I switched to water years ago, not because I'm overclocking but
because I wanted a quiet rig. The racket from the fans was driving me
nuts until I switched.