Old February 24th 09, 10:15 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
[email protected]

Default Suitable computer hardware for astro imaging

Hi. I'm pretty much a novice starting out in astro imaging. I'm
waiting on delivery of my QSI 583 wsg and will be using MaxIm DL for
camera control, off-axis guiding and processing. I use Starry Night
Pro for telescope control and expect to use Photoshop for additional
processing. I would appreciate some advise on how to spec a computer
to cope well with running all this. Clearly reasonably fast with lots
of storage and good graphics processing will be helpful. I've read
somewhere about a suggestion of using two screens to run different
tasks but the chap building the computer indicates this may be a bit
of a nightmare. I'm sure all of this is pretty standard and would be
grateful for advise based on good experience!

Many thanks