Old January 12th 05, 11:34 PM
Rusty

Jeff Findley wrote:
Compare a 747 with 1/2 its engines out to a 777 with 1/2 of its

engines
out. For lots of fun, try a 747 with both of the left engines out

and
see
how it flies and lands.

If you pay for the sim time, I'd love to.

A quick web search didn't turn up much of anything relevant to a 747

loosing
both engines on one side (besides flame wars and trolling). I'm sure

Boeing
has some idea. ;-)

Jeff

United Airlines flight 811 (Boeing 747) from Sydney to Los Angeles via
Honolulu on February 24, 1989

"....After leaving Honolulu, on a flight from Los Angeles to Sydney,
Australia, the loss of an improperly latched forward lower lobe cargo
door resulted in explosive decompression and loss of power in the No. 3
and 4 engines. Nine passengers were sucked out of the plane and lost at
sea. The plane landed safely. The cargo door opening was attributed to
a faulty switch or wiring in the door control system which permitted
electrical actuation of the door latches towards the unlatched position
after initial door closure and before takeoff..."
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/cvr890224.htm

- Rusty