Old January 12th 13, 03:00 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.sci.astronomy
Dave Liquorice[_2_]

Default Patrick Moore keeps his promise

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:22:35 +0000, CD wrote:

reckon that 'goto' computer stuff is cheating. Entering the id of the
object on a keypad and the telescope whirs to the right direction.

Maybe, but it makes it a lot more accesible to beginners.

Maybe, you don't *have* to use it, as was demonstrated in the programme.

You still have to do a bit of work lining it up. I'm going to get one.

I suspect it makes setting up quicker as well. Don't they also track the
object as the earth rotates so you are not having to constantly adjust
something?

--
Cheers
Dave.