Old June 12th 04, 05:40 AM
OM

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:26:39 GMT, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

As for those "Satanic Murder" stories go... as my grandfather pointed out
15-20 years back... just because screwed up people play D&D doesn't mean D&D
caused them to be screwed up. He realized that correlation is not
causation.

....What we found back in my college days, when UAGS took over most of
the older buildings on Wednesday nights, was that RPGs tend to allow
the really whacked-out societal rejects the opportunity to interact
with others without having to be part of real life society. The
problem there is that once they're allowed into the game, they tend to
either dominate it and/or ruin it for the normal people because normal
people don't take RPG playing seriously. Which, IMHO, is one of the
reasons EverCrack is so popular. These loony-toons can now perform the
same faux life activities without actually physically having to deal
with people in real-life environments.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr