Old June 12th 04, 05:36 AM
OM

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:28:36 GMT, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

Friend of mine developed an undead game... any battle role was a d4, d6, d10
and I think a d20. All had their place and it made combat fairly quick and
easy.

....Best version of D&D I've ever seen, tho, was the one where a golf
ball was done up as one of Lou Zocchi's hundred-sided dice. You went
out on the course, played nine holes, and each hit of the ball
determined which monster you fought. If you survived, you played on to
finish the hole, which determined how much treasure & XP you gained
which was also modified by how much under or over par you scored for
that hole. It was the only version of D&D I've ever seen where you got
exercise while playing ;-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr