Old December 3rd 03, 04:13 PM
yechidah

I see. Then why did you suggest to seek out photos from the internet if you
knew that the quality could never do justice to the real thing?

hrmph.

YS

"Odysseus" wrote in message
yechidah wrote:

Interesting, since there do not appear to be those that reflect the
DESCRIPTIONS of this star here.

So - either someone is *stretching the truth* about the colors

or no one has yet found a way to photograph Sirius in all its beauty and
multi-strands of color............

AS NO PHOTOS I HAVE SEEN YET REFLECT the descriptions posted.

For one thing, the "twinkling" effect occurs over time, so you'd need
a movie, rather than a still photo, to capture the effect. For
another, the atmospheric conditions that produce the most spectacular
scintillations are exactly those that will make for a blurry,
distorted image that no-one's likely to want to show off on the
Internet. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but neither can
replace first-hand experience.

--
Odysseus

---