Old May 14th 18, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default 2020 maybe a helicopter in the Mars's atmosphere

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 12:35:38 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 11:37:54 AM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 3:45:13 PM UTC-7, Sylvain wrote:
Le 12/05/2018 Ã* 22:33, Double-A a écritÂ*:
On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 4:24:10 AM UTC-7, Sylvain wrote:
https://www.nasa.gov/mars2020

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=7121

Mars 2020 's rover is as heavy as a small car, maybe it'll be escorted
by a small exploration helicopter

No oxygen in the atmosphere to help it burn fuel. I think a balloon would have been much more efficient.

Double-A

I think the choice of helicopter was made because the helicopter's moves
are controllabler and quicker

Accept a ballon: to move it as you want, it would take a rover with a
string which holds the balloon, but the rover is very slow, and the
string's mass limits the height

Mars 2020's helicopter can fly three minuts and to charge itself by a
solar panel. It can go up to 400 meters hight

helicopter use will for locating rover's way and find interesting places

A balloon is a lot cheaper.I would go with 6 balloons all different sizes.Mars has little air pressure(1% of Earth's)I like water balloons too.(ice balls) Time to probe down as far as we can,or use explosives.Make a deep hole in the deepest crater.Hope to find Mars mud.Bert

Of course NASA will use the most expensive way to do things. After all, the taxpayer's paying for it!

Double-A

The more NASA spends the more GOPer Mafia can steal.Nixon,Annenberg.Kissenger stole 2 billion for 43 years of shuTTLES.Bush made them look like pikers..Bert