Old September 5th 16, 02:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Accident at Cape

In article om,
says...

On 2016-09-04 21:22, Vaughn Simon wrote:

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/pre...8f83ab605.html
But I find that confusing because they obviously have enough facility in
place to fire that returned booster repeatedly.

When they test fire engines, are they horizontal or vertical ?

Vertical. At McGregor Texas. The yet to be built launch site is in
Boca Chica Texas. The two locations are approximately 460 miles apart!

The one tidbit I had read is that 39A has already had the vertical
erector/railcar tested. So it appears they already have the hangar and
the transporter/erector in place.

Pad 39A is reportedly a couple months away from being "operational".

Anyone know the status of the rotating service structure used by
Shuttle? Has it been removed ? work begun ? or still all there ?

Not sure. I believe it will be removed. I would think the "visitor's
center" will want it as an exhibit.

Jeff