Old August 30th 12, 04:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Need to know what certain parts are on a telescope are

On Aug 29, 1:38*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 26/08/2012 1:04 AM, palsing wrote:

Well, it is really hard to pry necessary info from you. We really
need to know what size those eyepieces are; 0.965, 1.25 or 2.00 (all
in inches)? Without this knowledge, it will simply take longer to
answer your questions. Also, the aperture and focal length both
figure into magnification calculations...

That's because it's hard to find the information. Looking through the
manual (really just a pamphlet):

focal length: 700mm f/9
eye-pieces: SR4mm, H12.5mm, H20mm
Apertu 76mm (3")
3X Barlow lens, 1.5X Erecting lens.

That is similar to one of my early telescopes, except that mine did
not come with a Barlow. What is the focuser diameter? Does it have a
removable adapter of some sort?