Old April 16th 18, 02:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default More Flights of SLS Block 1

JF Mezei wrote on Sun, 15 Apr 2018
20:37:44 -0400:

On 2018-04-14 22:10, Fred J. McCall wrote:

I wouldn't think so. What's the advantage in assembling things in New
Orleans when all your launches are somewhere else?

So, how do policitians find a face saving way out of Michoud if it loses
what is left of rocket building activity/jobs there ?

Why, they'll continue to fund some rocket to nowhere, just like they
do now, of course. Look at where we are. SLS Block 1 is roughly
equivalent to Falcon Heavy. NASA will now be flying SLS Block 1 at
least through 2025. By the time SLS Block 1A is ready, it will
probably once again be behind the commercial competition.

Has SLS been cancelled? Nope. Nor will it be.

--George Bernard Shaw