Old April 14th 18, 12:13 AM posted to sci.astro.research
jacobnavia

Default Galaxy evolution

I wrote:
Normal stuff, what I think you call "baryonic". Yes, I would say the
normal stuff density could be much higher than what we think.

You answered:

No, it can't. Read up on "constraints from big-bang nucleosynthesis".

Big bang theory goes in pair with this baryonic density figure.

Since all detectors come empty it must be normal matter, and big bang
theory has a new problem...

Till now, all searches have failed. So, if it isn't non-baryonic it must
be baryonic (normal) STUFF that we do not see.

Isn't that logical?

And, as you know, big bang theory looks shaky to me. Too many
observations point to space being quite normal 13.7 billion years ago.
No big bang has been ever detected. Yes, 13.7 billion years ago we were
all younger, galaxies too.

But old galaxies even objects twice the size of the Milky Way have been
detected very near the supposed bang.

I have reported those observations in this group.

The big bang and non-baryonic dark matter are tied. The fact that
non-baryonic dark matter seems undetectable shouldn't make us consider
that the alternative to that: normal stuff, is more reasonable?

And start searching for normal stuff that we do not see around us?

Stars become invisible. We call them "dead" and certainly it looks like
total transformation, but they go on existing of course. Most stars will
transform themselves into invisible matter: white dwarfs, neutron stars
and even black holes...

Very difficult to detect when quiescent.

The Kepler telescope stared a huge number of stars for weeks and
weeks... If a passing black hole morphs the star image into a ring, that
could be detectable isn't it?

Has anyone done that?

[[Mod. note -- Yes. It would take very high angular resolution
to actually resolve the "Einstein ring" you refer to, but such a
"gravitational lens" also brightens the image, and this "microlensing"
can be detected. Among other interesting discoveries, this technique
has discovered a number of extrasolar planets, and placed limits on
possible populations of free-floating black holes or "Jupiters". See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravit...l_microlensing
For a bit more information.
-- jt]]