Old September 14th 14, 06:41 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

That's much nicer than I can do with it here and I'm a few degrees south of your location in Germany.

When I was in Australia having Scorpio directly overhead rather than grazing the horizon made me wish I could move the observatory down under.

While I don't work a lot with nebula I can think of hundreds of great but strange galaxies down there I would love to try for.

Going down for only a couple weeks would be so frustrating as I'd only have a chance at less than 1% of them so I've not thought about a trip like yours.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lilge View Post
In Namibia I imaged some bright objects in the first part of the night when the moon was up.
Admittedly M20 can be imaged from Germany (which I have done), but is much nicer in the zenith.

Taken in Namibia (Kiripotib farm) with a 10” Meade ACF at 2050mm focal length on a MK100 mount, Trius SX694 camera, 6x5min each for RGB.

Stefan