Old October 4th 18, 08:57 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Steve Willner

Default IAU: Hubble-Lemaitre Law?

The IAU is considering recommending that the expansion of the
universe be referred to as the "Hubble-Lemaitre Law" instead of the
"Hubble Law." More details, including the resolution text and
background material, are at
https://www.iau.org/news/announcements/detail/ann18048/

My French isn't as good as I'd like it to be, but in Lemaitre's paper
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1927ASSB...47...49L
I don't see any data, though the paper summarizes some data from
Hubble and Stromberg at the top of p 56 (or just above Eq 24 if I'm
not reading the page number correctly). Am I missing something?

Any comments on the resolution? If interested, please examine the
background material linked from the IAU announcement rather than rely
on my summary.

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA