Old July 31st 05, 12:02 AM
Marty

Marty" wrote in
message
news:18504-42E84C67-55@storefull-333
7.bay.webtv.net...

That is depressing. You'd think they
could do MUCH better than that. And
then later, the magazines aimed at
these girls will be chock full of
astrology, numerology, psychics, etc.
And people wonder why females are
under represented in the scientifically
oriented professions...

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0.. doesn't explain why they're
pouring into law and medicine =A0 or why
more females attend college then males
in the U.S.
--
Hilton Evans

I'm definitely not implying that females are in any way intellectually
inferior to men, and I don't claim to know if any differences in
interests and aptitudes are caused by nature or nurture. It's
undeniable that for whatever reasons, females and males tend to
gravitate toward different areas of study. (Thank God I'm not the
president of Harvard... this is verboten discussion...)
ANYWAY, I'm surprised, and almost offended, that the feminist
organizations haven't raised more hell about what girls are exposed to
in their popular magazines. Maybe oppression by all males is just an
easier, more satisfying target.
Marty