Old August 24th 16, 05:25 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.science,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Doc O'Leary[_2_]

Default Paper published on producing arbitrarily long nanotubes.

For your reference, records indicate that
wrote:

The sole reason that flying cars have never been a commercial success
is economics

No, it’s simply because they’re a stupid outdated SF concept birthed
from a car-crazed society. Once you have a vehicle that can fly between
locations, it makes zero sense to also make it suitable for driving on
roads. Who in their right mind is going to *drive* anywhere they could
just fly to? Who is going trust that a roadworthy vehicle after miles
of driving is going to remain airworthy?

Eliminate the “economics” problems and flying cars still make no sense.
Imagine a world where everyone is Superman. Superman does not drive to
the rescue. Only motorheads ever thought flying cars were a good idea.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly