Old January 14th 08, 06:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default astro: m81

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

1x240 seconds
Meade 8" Schmidt-Newtonian
Celestron Advanced Series GT
Sbig ST2000XCM
over-processed with AstroArt and Photoshop

Type of object: Galaxy
RA (J2000.0): 09h 55m 33.5s
Dec (J2000.0): +69° 04' 02"
B Magnitude: 7.8
V Magnitude: 7.0
Size: 24.9'x11.5'
Position angle: 157°
Classification: Sb
Remarks: Bode's nebulae

The one shot color balance seems to have missed on this one as it is way
too red on my monitor. Might be the very short exposure time. I used
50 minutes L and 45 RGB and it wasn't enough but it was a night of super
seeing which I've not had since so until I do I won't be redoing it.

With more exposure you should pick up Holmberg IX a very weird dwarf
galaxy the subject of one paper at the latest AAS meeting down Austin
way last week.
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...08/02/image/d/

Rick