Old May 13th 11, 05:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
Robert Clark

Default Private, uncrewed, suborbital test flights to start this year.

On May 11, 11:56*pm, Robert Clark wrote:
On Jan 6, 5:42*am, Robert Clark wrote:

*All of Armadillo Aerospace, Blue Origins, and Masten Space Systems
plan on making uncrewedsuborbitaltest flights this year. And Blue
Origins believes they can begin crewedsuborbitaltest flights next
year. This could be the time frame in which SpaceShipTwo will be
making its firstsuborbitaltest flights.
*See the links to the respectivesuborbitalprograms he

Suborbital RLV.
https://c3.ndc.nasa.gov/flightopport...rms/suborbital

* Bob Clark

Just saw this today from Masten Space Systems:

Xaero 20110512 Tether Flight.mov
"Uploaded by mastenspace on May 12, 2011
Here is a glimpse of our tethered test sequence. With the tied down
(or tied up) tests completed, this is the next step in qualifying our
Xaero rocket vehicle for flight. In addition to testing the various
aspects of the hardware and shaking out bugs in the software, we are
also refining our crew operations. Today (05.12.11) we completed 3
tethered flights. Yesterday, we ran 5 tethered flights. It shouldn't
be long before the chains come off and the free flights begin. Stay
tuned for more updates. Media: contact Masten Space Systems for higher
resolution video."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCVpfZ351FQ

Bob Clark