Old December 11th 18, 08:10 PM posted to sci.astro.research
brad

Default dark matter hypothesis

[[Mod. note -- I apologise for the delay in processing this article,
which the author submitted on 2018-12-09.
-- jt]]

Steve Willner
In article ,
Martin Brown writes:
A Unifying Theory of Dark Energy and Dark Matter: Negative Masses and
Matter Creation within a Modified =CE=9B CDM Framework

https://arxiv.org/abs/1712.07962

Arxiv link but now also in A&A'. It makes some testable predictions.

Paper link is at
https://www.aanda.org/articles/aa/fu...a32898-18.html

A&A site was flaky the last day or two, but eventually it served the
paper.

As I wrote on sci.astro, the paper seems highly unconventional but
mathematically consistent. It requires _two_ unconventional
hypotheses -- existence of negative mass and continuous creation of
it -- so skepticism on that basis is warranted.

As I understood it he ran simulations. At the end of the paper he
states that the negative mass energy could instead be vacuum energy.
So my question is...suppose one postulates a field associated with
negative mass. Would it be the opposite of a normal gravitational field?
Would it take kinetic energy from anything that entered it? Would
geodesics diverge?

Aren't those qualities associated with an expanding space time metric?
Can't we model Voids in such a way?

Brad