Old July 12th 03, 07:15 PM
Kim Keller

Default Columbia Reconstruction Hangar Walkthrough

"LooseChanj" wrote in message

Finally something noteworthy for the lj.

Clicky: http://www.livejournal.com/users/ogw/10021.html

It was an incredibly sobering experience for me. I was surprised to see the
traditional pre-launch whiteboard, decorated by the crew's kids,
incorporated into the display - that really played with me for a while. Most
amazing sight to me was an MPS bellows assembly - usually about eight-ten
inches in diameter and about a foot long, one is now a fluted tube stretched
out to about twenty-four inches by three inches. A former coworker told me
they couldn't figure out what the thing was when it first arrived, and still
have trouble comprehending the forces that reshaped it. The reconstructed
RCC display has to be the most impressive jigsaw puzzle I have ever seen.

I was surprised that NASA staged the affair, and I thank them gratefully for
the chance to say goodbye to a close "friend". I'm sure a lot of KSC
employees feel the same way.

-Kim-