Old August 31st 17, 04:39 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Houston Houston, do you hear me?

On 2017-08-30 15:21, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Wrong. Go study up on hurricanes and their formation.

I did. Lived though Olivia in 1996, had to ride my bike on roads already
closed to get to shelter to live though a Cat 4 cyclone in northwest
Western Australia. Warm ocean waters are what creates them. Needs to be
above 30° which is why they are called TROPICAL events since they doN't
happen outside of tropics where ocean waters are not warm enough to
create a storm of such size AND energy.

There's much more to it than that.

The warmer the water, the stronger and more energy such a storm has.

Can have, not has.

Again, only loosely correlated.

Not loosely. It is a pure cause/effect issue. When waters cool in a
hemisphere, these events stop being created. Hence Hurricane season in
Atlantic.

OK, you're adamantly ignorant. Your choice. Again, given global
warming, why do we not have constantly increasing storm power and
frequency (because we don't, you know)?

snip ****e

You're a nitwit and you're hardly the only person to have been in a
storm.

-- Thomas Jefferson