Old August 30th 17, 12:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Houston Houston, do you hear me?

On 2017-08-29 17:24, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Global warming doesn't exist. And Houston has disappeared.

Nothing to do with each other. Read up on what causes hurricanes.

Actually yes. Cyclones/Hurricanes/Typhoons are caused by warm ocean
waters (above 30°). The warmer the ocean, the more and the stronger
extreme cyclones get.

So warmer oceans will result in more frequent extreme weather events.

Actually no. Severe storms only correlate very loosely to warm ocean
waters in general and correlate much more strongly to a strong El Nino
and the Decadal Oscillation, neither of which is related at all to
global warming.

If it was just warmer water, we should have an ever increasingly
violent storm season and that just isn't happening.

One warm year does not a climate change make. Getting warmer does not
a human caused climate change make.

One good measure is percentage of news events that are weather related,
and this has been increasing steadily.

No, that's a pathetic measure unless what you're trying to measure is
media views of what story might have 'legs'.

snip idiotic ideologue items

territory."
--G. Behn