Old July 20th 09, 05:08 PM posted to sci.astro
Roedy Green

Default two Expanding Universe Questions

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:15:58 +0100, "Androcles"
wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

Is there any way to notice the meter bar in Paris
has grown a tad, or anything comparable?

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

I want to get some idea how fast the universe is expanding. What
units would you measure it in? What does the function for the size of
the universe given time T look like? Is there a sort of compound
interest going on, or is the growth approximately linear?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"The industrial civilisation is based on the consumption of energy resources that are inherently limited in quantity, and that are about to become scarce. When they do, competition for what remains will trigger dramatic economic and geopolitical events; in the end, it may be impossible for even a single nation to sustain industrialism as we have know it in the twentieth century."
~ Richard Heinberg, The Party’s Over: Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies