Old July 20th 09, 11:21 AM posted to sci.astro
Roedy Green

Default two Expanding Universe Questions

How would you tell the difference between an expanding universe and
light slowing down over time? I would think since light is your
yardstick, they would look the same.

Second question, is there any evidence on a local scale of an
expanding universe, or does it all come from the Doppler shift of
distant galaxies? Is there any way to notice the meter bar in Paris
has grown a tad, or anything comparable?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"The industrial civilisation is based on the consumption of energy resources that are inherently limited in quantity, and that are about to become scarce. When they do, competition for what remains will trigger dramatic economic and geopolitical events; in the end, it may be impossible for even a single nation to sustain industrialism as we have know it in the twentieth century."
~ Richard Heinberg, The Party’s Over: Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies