Old February 10th 07, 02:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy
surfduke

Default Space-X Dragon

On Feb 9, 10:40 am, "Jeff Findley"
wrote:
With all this talk about the CEV, I thought I'd try to drag the discussion
over to NASA COTS and ISS resupply.

The latest pictures on Space-X's web site of their Dragon capsule look
pretty good. I think the baseline CBM is a good thing. Here's their
highlights:

Dragon Highlights:
- Fully Autonomous with Manual Over-ride capability in crewed configuration
- Pressurized Cargo/Crew capacity of 3100 kg to ISS orbit
- Supports 7 passengers in Crew configuration
- Down-cargo capability (equal to up-cargo)
- Integral CBM, with LIDS or APAS support if required
- Designed for Water Landing under Parachute (Ocean Recovery)
- Lifting re-entry for landing precision & low-g's

With the integrated CBM, I'd think that the cargo version would be fairly
easy to deal with once it's been berthed to ISS.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

This will be one to watch, (along with T-Space, & Lockheed). The
second Falcon test is to be done next month. The Capsule Lockheed
shows ontop of the Atlas V, has no Escape tower. Wonder what the crew
escape plan will be for it?

Carl