Old October 12th 05, 11:18 PM
ed kyle

Tim K. wrote:
"Andrew Lotosky" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tim K. wrote:
wrote in message

Should've been a Saturn V.

Hate to say it, but the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs were
transient and short-lived. The shuttle has had a much longer presence
in Florida and will be America's first long-term commitment to a
specific spacecraft and represents the present space exploration effort
(as of when that coin was put out anyway).

True, but Apollo went somewhere.

And Apollo was far more historically significant in the
broader scope of things. Shuttle will soon be gone,
relegated to a paragraph in history texts at most.
Florida's quarter should have celebrated Apollo/Saturn.
But since so many Floridians didn't come from Florida,
making the state disconnected from its true place in
history, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that it
came up with the wrong design.

- Ed Kyle