Old November 2nd 14, 04:53 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Eric Flesch

Default A Laboratory Experiment for Astronomers ("Look-Back")

On Fri, 31 Oct 14 11:30:55 GMT, Phillip Helbig wrote:
writes:
travelling -- if they are travelling at c/2, then that fully explains
the redshift and kills the "expanding universe" stone cold dead.

Even assuming that that would be the case, i.e. this would rule out an
expaning universe, you still have to explain other consequences of the
expanding universe, such as the relative light-element abundances.

That's just the "shouting" part, as in "all over but the shouting".
If the available budgets and manpower were switched to "turtles all
the way down", I'll bet they'd make a rip-snorter of it. :-)

What about radio interferometry? It is routinely used to observe
objects at cosmological distances and I'm sure that the speed of light
enters into the equations somewhere. With VLBI, one has to correct for
continental drift and the fact that the Earth slows down in the northern
spring because there are more trees in the northern hemisphere, so it
would surprise me if a different photon speed had no effect.

Yes, and aberration was mentioned although I'm not seeing how that
would work. On the side, would gravitational lensing be larger if c
was smaller?