Old December 21st 17, 10:54 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)[_2_]

Default A quasar, too heavy to be true

[[Mod. note -- I apologise for the delay in processing this article.
It arrived in my moderation queue on 2017-12-18, just before an
extended power/internet outage at my location.
-- jt]]

In article , jacob navia
writes:

1) At z = 1000 we have a temperature of 2,728 degrees... Completely new
and unknown processes must have been at work to form structures like a
black hole at those temperatures. And nothing less than a black hole of
1E4 solar masses. It seems (to me) impossible that gravity can condense
something at those temperatures.

A star can have a central temperature of tens of millions of degrees,
yet gravity manages to condense the star into a black hole as soon as
fusion can't generate enough radiation pressure to balance gravity.