Old September 29th 11, 11:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Sadness

On Sep 29, 10:07*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 29, 12:00 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 27, 6:54 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:
Check this out;

Ever wonder why we didn't have income taxes before 1913?

Uh, we did.

No we didn't.

Yes we did. Go look it up, you ignorant ****.

I did you removed them.

No, you didn't. *You spewed a bunch of your usual paranoid delusions.

http://www.irs.gov/app/understanding...hm02_les03.jsp

Mookie lies removed unread

The IRS is mis-stating the facts.

And so is EVERYONE ELSE BUT MOOKIE!

Seek professional help.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

Its not me saying it Freddie, its the Congressional Record. Look up
the Revenue Act and its history and you'll see the IRS is misquoting
history on their web site.

In any case, the IRS and the facts prove my point about the ability of
the USA to operate without an income tax. Namely, that the United
States, as a Sovereign Power, has the ability to create money from
nothing and spend it into existence. It doesn't have to go beg for
money or borrow money. It does have a responsibility to regulate the
value of the money it creates. How does it do that? The taxes that
it collects is used to regulate the value of that money.

The IRS itself says the income tax collected 25% of the cost of the
war. Where did the other 75% come from? The fact is, the 75% came
from the printing presses. The growth of economic activity during
and after the war, absorbed and made good use of the currency. That
growth maintained its value. After the war the revenue expired and
the government went back to business as usual - without income tax.

If the United States created a 1% Tobin Tax on Wall Street
transactions last year, and urged all other nations to tax their stock
exchanges in a similar way, we could eliminate our current debts to
the central banks, not take any more loans from them, and issue debt
free currency the same way Lincoln did and the same way JFK did. We
also need to end fractional reserve banking and institute 100% reserve
banking. We finally need to phase out derivative trading and work to
get the quadrillions of dollars in fake liabilities off the books of
the world's banking system while preserving the health of the real
economy.