Old July 22nd 10, 02:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: M27 (for a change ;-)

that's definitely a keeper Stefan!

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
M27 is sort of the M51 of summer skies, I snap some images every year. Not
always long series, sometimes just to make sure that it is still there.
This year I managed to get 3.75 hours in one of our short nights, which
means that I imaged well into dawn, which is not really a problem with
Halpha images.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with Meade 10" ACF at f/7.3 on a G11
mount, SXV-H9 camera, Baader Ha, OIII and RGB filters. 10x10 minutes
Halpha, 8x10m OIII, 3x5m each RGB combined to a wild mix of narrow band
and RGB.

As M27 looks so much different through different filters I'll include the
links to several versions:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/M27colourgut.jpg
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/M27Ha-10x10.jpg
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/M27OIII-8x10.jpg