Old April 19th 13, 07:29 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Residual Strong Nuclear Force vs. Dark Forces?

On 17/04/2013 5:20 PM, Steve Willner wrote:
[newsgroups snipped]

In article ,
Yousuf Khan writes:
it must also be possible that
the gluons can completely escape the nucleus altogether,

Probably not, as someone else wrote.

Because mesons would be created to neutralize the colour force. I'm not
sure how far the gluons would get before the mesons get created?

I'm not talking a hell of a lot of them
escaping, maybe just 1% of 1% or something

If it's that small, how could it possibly give rise to non-baryonic
mass about six times larger than baryonic mass?

Not saying it's creating a mass, I'm saying it just creates a force
(i.e. a colour force) that aids gravity and makes it seem bigger,
creating the illusion of greater mass. Only after a certain distance
when enough of these long-distance gluons accumulate, do the effects
become apparent.

Also, it's been shown that Dark Energy didn't become an issue until
maybe 5 billion years after the Big Bang.

That's not (necesssarily) because dark energy was smaller earlier on,
it's because ordinary gravitational attraction was larger when the
Universe was denser. The actual time dependence of dark energy is
very much an open question today, but if dark energy is a
cosmological constant, its strength wouldn't vary in time.

It would only be a constant, because we call it a "cosmological
constant", we have no idea if it is truly constant or not.

Yousuf Khan