Old May 5th 09, 11:44 AM posted to sci.astro.fits
LC's No-Spam Newsreading account

Default [fitsbits] frequency definitions

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Tom Kuiper wrote:

I'd like to get it clear in my mind what the various frequency
definitions are. Is the following right? If there is a place where
all this is clearly laid ou, please refer me to that.

Not a spectral WCS expert, but the standard and official references
are :

- http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/fits_standard.html
the latest release of the FITS standard, in particular chapter 8

- the full WCS paper III, either as published or
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/mcalabre/WCS/scs.pdf

(the other WCS papers are all listed in
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/mcalabre/WCS/index.html

is a newsreading account used by more persons to