Old March 9th 04, 07:38 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Martin Frey" wrote in message
"Robin Leadbeater" wrote:

It is certainly amazing but all the evidence points to the universe

(which
includes space itself) being very small and very hot in the past (Cosmic
microwave background, abundance of the simple elements) the tricky bit

comes
when the other difficult question - "where did the universe come from?"

is
asked. Some theories propose that our universe was created by events in
another structure "outside" the universe. However, since this structure

is
not part of our universe, testing the validity of these theories is going

be somewhat of a problem.

Robin

I can never understand the argument that runs:

We cannot saay what was going on at Big Bang-1 secs or even Big Bang +
1E-10 secs, therefore the whole theory is rubbish.

Me neither,

It seems to me that the big bang theory, with inflation bolted, is pretty
useful. (It will be better when we know more about dark matter and dark
energy though!) For some reason people expect it to be "the theory of
everything" which of course it is not.

Robin