Old November 9th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.models.scale,sci.space.history
Doc Smartass

Default RFI: Parasail kit for the Revell Gemini?

Pat Flannery wrote in
dakotatelephone:

Joseph Nebus wrote:

It's been a while since I last built the kit, or any kit, but
doesn't the Revell Mercury-Gemini kit reissued in the 90s include the
parts to build the landing skids for parasail Gemini?

Yeah, all the 1/48th scale kits since day one have those, as the parts
are included right on the main parts tree for the Gemini... so it

really
wasn't worth the effort of re-doing the whole parts tree just to save a
small amount of plastic.
OM thought that the 1/24th scale version also had the landing gear

parts
originally... and I thought that he was wrong...but the more I think
about it, I think he's right about that.
In that case the model did get redesigned to eliminate the landing gear
and lower doors that it extended through.

I've got the 1982 "History Makers" 1/24 re-issue; I haven't opened the
parts bag yet, but from what I can see of the hull sections and parts
trees, it doesn't have any skids or doors.

Is this pic even close to correct?

http://www.friends-partners.org/part...b/biglandg.jpg

--
Doc Smartass