Old January 18th 04, 06:38 PM
Richard Kingdon

You're quite right, I must have got the date wrong. The eclipse I was
looking for was the total lunar eclipse that occurred on 9th Feb 1990. My
daughter and I sat up and watched it and it was amazing.
Thanks for the info.
Richard.
"Rick" wrote in message
"Jacki Diamato" wrote in message

"Richard Kingdon" wrote in message
I live in Manchester, England and am sure that on 17th February in the

early
1990s I observed a partial lunar eclipse. However, I cannot find any

record
of this anywhere. Can anyone confirm that this eclipse took place and

tell
me the year in which it occured?

Thanks
Richard

I have the program called Starrynight and it lists all the lunar

eclipses,
I did not see any for the date 2/17 for any year in the 90's. I also

set my
program for Manchester,England and looked for it that way and came up

with
zilch.

According to Astronomy Lab, there was a total lunar eclipse
on Feb. 9th, 1990:

Manchester, England Latitude: 53°30'00" N Longitude: 2°15'00" W
Local Time = UT + 0.00 hours Elevation: 0 meters

Lunar eclipse on 2/ 9/1990
Moon rise: 16:56
Moon set: 7:35
Magnitude: 1.07
Partial phase begins: 17:33
Total phase begins: 18:53
Time of maximum eclipse: 19:14
Total phase ends: 19:35
Partial phase ends: 20:56

No partial or total lunar eclipses on Feb. 17th during the 1990's.

Rick