Old August 26th 18, 01:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Load and Go a Go

In article ,
says...

JF Mezei wrote on Sat, 25 Aug 2018
10:54:14 -0400:

jettisoning the capsule at best destacks the rocket, at worse destroys
stage 2.

Hogwash. It removes the CARGO and destroys nothing. The capsule can
be replaced in less than a day.

The way that the SuperDraco engines are canted, I suspect this is true.
They're angled *away* from the Falcon 9's upper stage. Surely the
initial boost would be straight up, which would protect the launch
vehicle from the exhaust.

Jeff