Old April 19th 16, 08:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko in Leo Trio

I finally managed to get my usenet account going again after my girlfriend
had destroyed my Windows installation (well, that's my theory ;-)

In the days around April 7 comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko of Rosetta/Philae
fame crossed through the Leo Trio. The comet was quite faint at that time,
not a good target for city skies. I used my new ASI 174MC cool camera
because imaging comets in colour with a b/w camera is a bit of a hassle. I
have sold the ASI today btw. as I have ordered an ASI 1600 for use with my
RASA scope.
A satellite gives another layer of distance together with the comet and the
galaxies.

Taken from Berlin with a Celestron RASA on an AZ-EQ6 mount, ASI 174 MC cool
camera, 126x1 minutes.

First a colour image and, in case nobody finds the comet there, a contrast
enhanced and inverted b/w version.

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LeoTrio67P-126x60sgut_2.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	580.0 KB
ID:	6198  Click image for larger version

Name:	LeoTrio67P-126x60sINVgut.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	951.7 KB
ID:	6199