Old November 15th 06, 02:35 PM posted to sci.space.moderated
Jim Kingdon

Default Mars Global Surveyor

Is there any news on Mars Global Surveyor more recent than:
http://www.marstoday.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=21260
?

It seems like there was a problem with the solar arrays, which could
imperil the survival of the spacecraft because the arrays are what
provides the power to run the thing, it entered safe mode, and I would
have thought that it probably would make it out of safe mode. Has it?

Don't see anything at http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/mgs/

Now the good news is that there are 2 other orbiters already at Mars
(sounds like an argument for frequent missions to me).