Old April 29th 04, 11:40 AM
Paul

Default Omega Centauri (NGC 5139) Star Magnitudes

Hi,

I imaged Omega Centauri (NGC 5139) last night with my LX200 8" and a
SAC-7B camera. Now I would really like to determine the magnitude of
some of the dimmer stars in the cluster. Funny thing is, it appears
Cartes Du Ciel and Starry Night Pro both cut a rectangle around any
NGC object and display no stars there. That rectangle pretty well
matches my camera field of view.

Obviously I don't expect to find a map of the millions of stars within
Omega Centauri, but does anyone know of a way to at least identify
them down to, say, Mag 13 or 14?

Thanks for any help! I've Goolgled for hours and come up empty...

Paul